Thursday 16 February 2012

DEEP FRIED MARS BARS



Ok, I'm coming to the end of my scottish inspired menu with dessert.  Sorry, but it had to be done, mainly because they're absolutely delicious.  Deep fried Mars Bars! I know what you're thinking but don't knock it till you've tried it. 

 I have used mini sized bars and wrapped them in spring roll pastry - available from chinese supermarkets in the frozen section.  Use a large sized sheet folded in half then wrap the chocolate as you would a spring roll.  I believe this to be better than using batter, the pastry becomes beautifully crisp without letting the oil reach the chocolate and the chocolate gets hot enough to become warm and oozy - what a great word, oozy, Mmm oozy.

Anyway, I highly recommend you give it a go - oozy! sorry!



This also works really well with Bounty Bars and Snickers

No comments:

Post a Comment