Saturday 30 March 2013

EASTER BROWNIES



Sometimes I don't think you really appreciate what I have to go through to get these recipes to you, the hardships I have to endure making sure they work, taste like heaven on a plate and look like they've just stepped out of the salon for beautiful food.  What I strive for is perfection on your behalf and if it means having to cook something over and over before it is fit for your delectation then so be it.  This recipe is one of those that I found I had to test and re-test just to make sure.  To be honest if worked first time but you can't be too careful .  It was torture but I got there in the end.


There has been a lot of talk about Easter Brownies, the Easter bit being the addition of creme eggs but when I researched them I have to say they just didn't look very appetising. So, I have addressed this and instead of using halved creme eggs, I've tried it with mini versions.

My regular brownie recipe has a rolo cooked into each square so it only made sense to try with mini caramel eggs too and while I was about it why not throw in some mini eggs, it's got to be done really.

So, the results are in and the winner is!.................You'll have to make your own mind up on that one

150g Plain Chocolate
110g Butter
225g Sugar
75g Plain Flour
3 Eggs
1 Level tsp Baking Powder
100g Walnuts
6 Creme Eggs /12 Mini Creme Eggs

In a pan melt the chocolate, butter and sugar together.  Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flour, eggs and baking powder.  When it is all mixed fold in the walnuts.

Pour the mixture into a 25cm x 16 cm rectangular baking tin lined with parchment.  If you are using large eggs, cut them in half along the seam.  Place the eggs on top of the mix, don't push them in as they will sink a little when cooking.

Bake at 170C for 35-45 minutes. Test the brownies with a skewer, it should be a little sticky but not runny, you want your brownies to be a bit gooey in the middle.


HAPPY EASTER X

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd seen this earlier. I want a slice now :D

    ReplyDelete